Please follow these tips to maintain the quality and prevent early tarnish:
- Keep your jewellery items in pouch or box provided when not in use
- Avoid sweat
- Wipe with soft cloth
- Do not sleep in your jewellery
- Avoid chemicals (especially hand cream or alcohol based toiletries)
- Best avoid bathing, showering or washing your hands with jewellery on
- Wait for hand/face cream to dry before putting on any jewellery
- Apply a layer of polymer coating/clear nail varnish on the inside of your rings
- H2O sensitive. Avoid water when wearing your piece, because over time the sterling silver will oxidize.
- However, the oils in your skin help keep sterling silver from oxidizing faster. So, wear often, and keep your piece in pouch to keep oxygen at bay.
How to avoid the Green Finger
IMPORTANT: Traces of copper will be found in Gold Gold plating as this contributes to the colouring of the metal. In some extreme cases of sensitive, highly acidic skin, you may experience some oxidisation (slight greening). The other main cause of oxidisation is chemicals found in hand creams. This is in fact a common trait in even the finest of jewellery, however if you wish to get more information on our plating and how to prevent any oxidisation.
If you are allergic or sensitive to metals or have had green tainting before then you are likely to experience the same reaction. Our tip: Apply a layer of polymer coating / clear nail polish on the inside rim of the ring.